Software Support SpecialistDepartment:
: Hauppauge, New York, United StatesRequisition #:
Our company’s mission is to provide the absolute best hearing aids and customer services. We offer the most advanced, natural sound on the market. Our products let people connect and communicate easily. Helping people hear is our business. Job Summary:
Under moderate supervision of the Software Support Supervisor, is responsible for providing Software product support and assistance to external (account) and internal (Widex executive and department level) customers. Essential Responsibilities:
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Technical software support regarding installation, maintenance and troubleshooting of Noah, Widex GPS and Compass and/or related software and Widex accessories (e.g. NoahLink/nEARcom or USBLink).
- Responds to external customer phone calls and emails, as well as internal customer requests for software technical support.
- Research questions using available information resources; identify and escalate situations requiring urgent attention and redirect problems to appropriate resources.
- Log all support interactions: perform required job related documentation, e.g. Go-To-Assist, HelpDesk log, CRM, S2K business system entries. Track and route problems to document timely resolutions.
- Report to work consistently; comply with scheduled punch in/out and phone log on/out times and procedures.
- Perform other departmental related duties and participate in other work projects as needed
- Stay current with system information, changes and updates
- Communicate with the queue on a regular basis (monthly) with tips on how to solve issues.
- Become NOAH certified and maintain certification.
- Preferably 1-2 years Help Desk experience-with; knowledge and experience of customer service practices Associate’s degree in Computer or Software related field, or related certification equivalent work experience.
- Excellent P.C. Skills including knowledge of commonly used computer concepts, practices and procedures. (Accuracy a must.)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must interact and work effectively with all management levels and staff affiliates.
- The ability to work under pressure, meets deadlines, and be flexible in working on multiple projects simultaneously.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk, stand; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee can regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and depth perception. The above statements are meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified. The incumbent must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle and prioritize multiple, completing tasks and demands and to seek supervisory assistance as appropriate. Incumbents within this position may be required to assist or find appropriate assistance to make accommodations for disabled individuals in order to ensure access to the company’s services (may include: visitors, patients, employees, or others).