Widex's mission is to provide the absolute best hearing aids customer service. We offer the most advanced, natural sound on the market. Our products let people connect and communicate easily. Helping people hear is our business.
Regional Sales ManagerDepartment:
Remote OpportunitiesJob Summary:
Under general supervision of the Regional VP, plans, directs or coordinates the actual distribution or movement of Widex USA products to the customer. Coordinates sales distribution by establishing sales territories, quotas and goals and establishes training programs for Inside Sales Representatives. The RSM is also responsible for increasing the visibility of Widex hearing aids, growing the revenue and expanding the customer base and market share of Widex USA business. Essential Responsibilities:
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Achieving their net hearing instrument sales quota on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Building and maintaining customer relationships as a means of growing current customer's business, i.e. monthly net dollar sales, as well as identifying customer service issues, such as, remake and repair issues, turnaround times, lowering return for credit rates and gathering new competitive information.
- Preparing an annual business plan. The plan should be reviewed and updated quarterly with the Regional VP and Inside Sales counterpart. The plan should include:
- Sales growth that coincides with corporate goals.
- Specific strategy by customer types.
- Work effectively with inside sales in prospecting, developing and recruiting new customers each month.
- Successfully introducing and establishing new products to both existing customers and new customers in accordance with company mandates.
- Coordinate the training customers to fit all of Widex hearing devices using Widex hardware and software fitting systems. Providing Widex software and hardware support to existing accounts as needed.
- Developing effective communication/ platform skills in order to convincingly present/ sell Widex's technology story to both individual customers and large groups of customers.
- Maintaining the accuracy of the Widex customer database in their individual regions and effectively managing their CRM system.
- Completing appropriate sales and corporate reporting requirements in a timely fashion.
- Maintaining proper professional standards of behavior and decorum as a representative of the company when communicating with customers, co-workers and representing Widex USA at national, regional and state professional meetings.
- Maintaining expenses within published corporate guidelines of 15 calls per week.
- Work within the following guidelines for time management:
- Field selling time= 60%
- Admin tasks= 20%
- Seminars/ Training= 15%
- Meeting= 5%
- Plan and direct training and performance to develop and control sales and service programs.
- Determine price schedules and discount rates.
- Review operational records and reports to project sales and determine profitability.
- Monitor customer preferences to determine focus of sales efforts.
- Direct and coordinate activities involving sales of manufactured products, services, commodities, real estate or other subjects of sale.
- Perform other duties and assignments as required.
- Bachelor's degree
- Must have 3-years industry and field selling experience.
- Experience with a 'Big 6' manufacturer preferred.
- Proficient with fitting software. Computer skills proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Proficient with Widex fitting software preferred.
- Ability to handle matters with strict confidence.
- Must have the ability to build long-term relationships with customers.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills, maturity and good judgement; demonstrates a positive can-do attitude; have effective communication skills with a diverse range of individuals.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. English language- knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition and grammar.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer services, including customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Must be depended upon to report to work at the scheduled time and seldom absent from work.
Expectation of StaffPhysical Requirements
Adheres to Company Policy and Procedures: Acts as a role model within and outside of the Company; Performs duties as workload necessitates; Maintains a positive and respectful attitude: Communicates regularly with supervisor about Department issues: Demonstrates flexible and efficient time management and ability to prioritize workload: Consistently reports to work on time prepared to perform duties of the position: Meets Department productivity standards.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk, stand, sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl and talk or hear. The employee can regularly life and/ or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and depth perception. The above statements are meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required of personnel so classified. The incumbent must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle and prioritize multiple, completing tasks and demands and to seek supervisory assistance as appropriate. Incumbents within this position may be required to assist or find appropriate assistance to make accommodations for disabled individuals in order to ensure access to the company's services (may include: visitors, patients, employees or others).