Hauppauge, New York, United StatesRequisition #:
Our company’s mission is to provide the absolute best hearing aids and customer services. We offer the most advanced, natural sound on the market. Our products let people connect and communicate easily. Helping people hear is our business. Job Summary:
Under close supervision of the Team Leader of IT Systems and Infrastructure, the Network Administrator is responsible for maintaining, monitoring and improving Widex USA’s systems and network. This position requires the candidate to work closely with IT Management as well as the Network Administrator team to ensure Widex USA’s systems are running efficiently and up to the standards of Widex USA Senior Management. This position will require involvement assisting with distribution, configuration, maintenance and administration of additional technologies (laptops, phones and iPhones, etc.) inclusive of both hardware and software as requested, approved and needed by staff.Essential Responsibilities:
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Maintain a superior level knowledge of server / client operating systems and various applications software that Widex USA considers essential for business.
- Ensure IT helpdesk and tickets issued are handled in an efficient manner
- Assist in maintenance of Widex USA’s Active Directory environment.
- Provide reporting and various KPI’s to IT Management
- Provide IT training to new users.
- Participate and communicate effectively in meetings, providing input and suggestions.
- Must be responsive on an as needed basis, especially if Widex USA systems are experiencing critical issues that may impact Widex USA’s business.
- Due to special events, travel will be required as needed for Widex USA functions or support.
- Proactive in providing IT Management informed on all IT related information that may impact Widex USA business.
- Ensure efficient and economical utilization of equipment and resources. Provide accurate inventory and safekeeping of equipment, parts and supplies.
- Assist in the maintenance all of Widex USA’s hardware which includes but is not limited to laptops, desktops, servers, printers, mobile devices, routers, switches, etc.
- Utilize technology to provide staff with a fast, accurate, and secure method of gaining access to information so they can service the member in the fastest and most efficient manner possible.
- Notify vendors when equipment needs to be repaired and/or obtain vendor Return Authorizations while keeping records.
- Take lead on IT projects as delegated by IT management.
- Call various software/hardware technical support resources, and work in a timely fashion to resolve issues.
- Perform backups of Widex USA data and verify the backups are valid.
- Performs regular preventive maintenance for computer, data communication, and/or peripheral equipment; test and adjust to appropriate standards.
- Responsible to come to work consistently, on time and as scheduled. Additional work hours and weekend hours will be required if there is work to be completed or special project needs dictate it is necessary
- Proficient in MO
- Customer service oriented
- Proficient in network administration
- Accustomed to work with deliverables set forth by project plans
- 5 years’ experience in computer related field
- Project management and coordinating experience
- Must possess strong organizational skills and pay close attention to detail. Accuracy a must.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Windows Server, versions 2003 – 2012, Microsoft Dynamics CRM, Microsoft Office 2010/2013, Microsoft Skype for Business 2015, Microsoft Intune Anti-Virus, Symantec Backup Exec, Websense Internet Blocking Software, Bluecoat Internet Blocking Software, Cisco Finesse Call Center, Cisco IP Communicator, Cisco Jabber, Cisco Anyconnect VPN.
- Excellent oral and written communication, leadership and collaboration skills
- Well versed in effectively working with all management levels and staff affiliates.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills, maturity and good judgment; demonstrates a positive can-do attitude; have effective communication skills with a diverse range of individuals.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to think strategically.
- The ability to work under pressure, to meet deadlines, and be flexible when working on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Must document all work and projects the Network Administrator team is working on.
- Must be able to learn and embrace new technologies as dictated by Widex USA management and the needs of Widex USA’s business model.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk, stand; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee can regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and depth perception. The above statements are meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified. The incumbent must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle and prioritize multiple, completing tasks and demands and to seek supervisory assistance as appropriate. Incumbents within this position may be required to assist or find appropriate assistance to make accommodations for disabled individuals in order to ensure access to the company’s services (may include: visitors, patients, employees, or others).