Inventory & Materials SpecialistDepartment:
Parts and Literature StockroomLocation:
Hauppauge, New York, United StatesRequisition #:
Our company’s mission is to provide the absolute best hearing aids and customer services. We offer the most advanced, natural sound on the market. Our products let people connect and communicate easily. Helping people hear is our business. Job Summary:
Under close supervision of the Parts and Literature Stockroom Supervisor, is responsible to provide day to day assistance on inventory controls in the department.Essential Responsibilities:
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- In conjunction with the Inventory Analyst develop cycle count schedules and complete the physical counts for fast and slow moving SKU’s.
- Take daily inventory of the assigned supply, requisition, and restock supplies to par levels.
- Rotate the stock and ensure that the stored area is clean and maintained up to date in accordance with regulatory requirements.
- Conduct keen research and resolve all the inaccuracies in inventory and complete audits of the internal process.
- Work alongside the inventory analyst in helping prevent backorder situations.
- Work as a bridge between Inventory Analyst and all departments involved in inventory functions.
- Maintain a count of any inventory running low and provide updates to the inventory analyst as well as communicate to the team leader and supervisor.
- Work within the department team to develop standards, set minimums, and document all findings for all inventory items.
- Assist in the organization of all items in the department.
- Verify that each item in the department is labeled according to the standards and ensure overstock is easily found.
- Work with the team to set standards, develop documentation and process improvement methods.
- Process all orders provided to you (Marketing, Parts, Literature and Private Label).
- Aid in developing the master item and location manual.
- Provide assistance during year end inventory.
- Perform quality inspection of orders on a routine basis.
- Assist in the yearly inventory count.
- Work with other team members outside the department to ensure proper ordering.
- Responsible to come to work consistently, on time and as scheduled.
- Performs other duties and assignments as required.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Basic knowledge of inspection techniques.
- Must work effectively with all management levels and staff affiliates.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills, maturity and good judgement; demonstrates a positive can-do attitude; have effective communication skills with a diverse range of individuals.
- The ability to work under pressure, to meet deadlines, and be flexible in working on multiple projects simultaneously.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk, stand; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee can regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and depth perception. The above statements are meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified. The incumbent must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle and prioritize multiple, completing tasks and demands and to seek supervisory assistance as appropriate. Incumbents within this position may be required to assist or find appropriate assistance to make accommodations for disabled individuals in order to ensure access to the company’s services (may include: visitors, patients, employees, or others).