Widex's mission is to provide the absolute best hearing aids customer service. We offer the most advanced, natural sound on the market. Our products let people connect and communicate easily. Helping people hear is our business.
Consumer Help-Desk SpecialistDepartment:
: Hauppauge, New York, United StatesRequisition #:
Our company’s mission is to provide the absolute best hearing aids and customer services. We offer the most advanced, natural sound on the market. Our products let people connect and communicate easily. Helping people hear is our business. Job Summary:
Under moderate supervision of the Director of Audiology Technical Support, is responsible for providing wireless product support and assistance to end users/consumers of Widex hearing aids and accessories.Essential Responsibilities:
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Actively participate in consumer phone queue and web based chats to instruct and guide hearing aid users through the necessary steps to address hearing aid-phone/accessory connectivity issues.
- Respond to consumer email correspondence and chat requests regarding hearing aid-phone/accessory connectivity questions.
- Troubleshoot hearing aid-connectivity concerns and explore resolutions with internal and external customers.
- Research questions using available information resources; identify and escalate situations requiring urgent attention; and, redirect problems to appropriate resources.
- Provide US Audiology Department members and Product Management with troubleshooting updates, while keeping own technical knowledge up to date.
- Perform required customer care job related documentation. Track and route problems to document timely resolutions.
- Where needed, produce training materials/’cheat sheets’ for internal staff on connectivity and phone connection devices.
- Report to work consistently, on time and as scheduled.
- Perform other duties and participate in other projects as needed .
- Excellent customer service aptitude including strong interpersonal skills, maturity, good judgment and a positive can-do attitude.
- Strong knowledge of Apple iOS products.
- Subject matter expertise on smartphone technology
- Strong PC skills including knowledge of commonly used computer concepts, practices and procedures.
- Willingness to learn/explore hearing aid and related accessory technology as it relates to consumer technology, e.g. phones, TVs.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills that include communicating to an audience that may include less technically oriented listeners.
- Must interact and work effectively with all management levels and staff affiliates
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk, stand; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee can regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and depth perception. The above statements are meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified. The incumbent must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle and prioritize multiple, completing tasks and demands and to seek supervisory assistance as appropriate. Incumbents within this position may be required to assist or find appropriate assistance to make accommodations for disabled individuals in order to ensure access to the company’s services (may include: visitors, patients, employees, or others).