Account Specialist IIDepartment:
Credit & CollectionsLocation:
Hauppauge, New York, United StatesRequisition #:
Our company’s mission is to provide the absolute best hearing aids and customer services. We offer the most advanced, natural sound on the market. Our products let people connect and communicate easily. Helping people hear is our business. Job Summary:
Analyzes and researches customer’s receivables account delinquency and determines the type of communication method to facilitate payment. Resolves disputes related to customer payment on delinquent accounts and negotiates and ensures payment from the customer. Recognizes trends for non-payment and resolves issues by engaging internal partners. Initiates the dispute resolution process and follows issues and ensures resolution for Widex and the customer. Analyzes at-risk customers and recommends account strategies to prevent delinquencies. Provides assistance to Credit Manager with monthly reporting and analysis of AR and supply agreement portfolio. Essential Responsibilities:
Additional responsibilities as back up to include:
- Manages and collects on accounts receivable portfolio, ensuring timely payment of receivables and resolution of customer issues preventing payment.
- Handles credit card payments, and processes checks for company’s accounts.
- Handles all adjustments and reconciliations to accounts.
- Tracks all C.O.D. shipments, insuring payments are received in a timely manner.
- Order review and release based on customer balance and past due situation
- Researches and resolves all issues pertaining to customer’s accounts.
- Communicates invoices and statements to customers.
- Maintains required monthly quota of calls to customers, and achieves goals and collection metrics.
- Responds to customer calls within their individual portfolio of accounts.
- Provides assistance to credit Manager with monthly reporting and analysis of AR and supply agreement portfolio. (i.e. Ad Hoc reporting).
- Ensure accuracy of company data in the system, and update as required.
- Responds to refund requests from customers.
- Development and maintaining departmental SOP’s
- Performs other duties and participates in other projects as required.
Knowledge and Skills Required
- Set-up and maintain new accounts and ship-to locations
- Enter warranty exceptions
- Input customer pricing (new customers and updates).
- College Degree preferred
- P.C. Literate, Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Must work effectively with all management levels and staff affiliates.
- The ability to work under pressure, to meet deadlines, and be flexible in working on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills, maturity and good judgement; demonstrates a positive can-do attitude; must have effective communication skills with a diverse range of individuals.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must possess strong organizational skills and pay close attention to detail.
- Basic understanding of collection processes and financial concepts
- Basic accounting knowledge (debits and credits)
- Good listening skills
- Good problem solving skills
- Basic prioritization skills
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk, stand; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee can regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and depth perception. The above statements are meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified. The incumbent must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle and prioritize multiple, completing tasks and demands and to seek supervisory assistance as appropriate. Incumbents within this position may be required to assist or find appropriate assistance to make accommodations for disabled individuals in order to ensure access to the company’s services (may include: visitors, patients, employees, or others).